Monday, January 31, 2005

The new symbol of freedom


It gives new meaning to the phrase, "giving somebody the finger"

With all of the
Doom and Gloom and Doom and Gloom that preceded the election, I expect some to admit they were wrong!

What was I thinking, the ney-sayers will just move Move the Goalpost, again!

I am very happy that the election went off as well as coud be expected and the ney-sayersWERE WRONG!

Not to be a wet blanket, but I expect that the terror strikes will increase in the next few weeks. I surmise that the terrorists decided not to strike on an obvious day at obvious targets. I think they will use a relaxed security atmosphere to strike at the ballot counting places and I can see assassinations of elected officials in the next few months.

But for now, let us revel in today's triumph, for, victory is still long ways away.

"That these are our grievances which we have thus laid before his majesty, with that freedom of language and sentiment which becomes a free people claiming their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate." --Thomas Jefferson